WHAT’S NEW WITH COVID-19 RESPONSE?
ATTENTION – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Great News! There are plenty of vaccination appointments available this weekend and through the week at Peel Public Health Vaccination Clinics. These appointments are for eligible seniors and for eligible health care workers.
Beginning on Monday, April 5, residents aged 60 and older will also be able to book on the provincial booking system.
Please let your eligible clients and colleagues know that they can get protected from COVID-19 right now!
EMCHC LAMP’S RESPONSE
Effective July 8th
· masks must be worn when entering the building
· only individuals with appointments are allowed access into the building
WHAT’S THE LATEST COVID-19 RESPONSE AT EMCHC?
COVID-19 has been declared a pandemic.
The World Health Organization has declared the COVID-19 virus a pandemic. With the declaration of a pandemic, LAMP will respond according to our pandemic plan, with the response including modification or suspension of services and programs where appropriate. The changes that may be implemented may cause some inconvenience, however our adjustments during this pandemic are aimed at preventing and minimizing community spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for understanding as the situation evolves.
What to expect when you visit EMCHC LAMP:
- We will be implementing screening at the door at our sites starting Monday March 16, 2020. Community members visiting EMCHC LAMP can expect:
- To be asked about your travel history
- To be asked about your health and whether you have or are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19
- To be asked about your known contact with anyone who has a travel history to high risk regions
- To be asked about your contact with any confirmed or possible case of the COVID-19 virus
- There are modifications of group programs where necessary. Please contact the program/or service directly to inquire about changes before your visit to the program.
- The situation may change quickly, please check our website, social media, and reach out to programs directly for updates.
- LAMP’s goal is to provide clients with a safe environment to receive service and a safe environment for staff to provide services. To achieve this goal LAMP continues to abide by provincial directions, Ministry of Health and professional College requirements to maintain a safe environment.
- All clients must wear a face covering or mask when entering any LAMP building and when receiving services onsite.
EMCHC LAMP’s priority is maintaining the safety of staff, clients, and the community at large. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated at this time of transition.
What is the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Novel coronaviruses are new strains of coronaviruses that have not been previously identified in humans. A novel coronavirus has emerged in Wuhan, China which is called the 2019 Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19. COVID-19 is present in Ontario, however guidance from Ontario Health indicates that the risk to Ontarians remains low.
Symptoms of COVID-19
The symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, new onset cough, and difficulty breathing. Persons diagnosed with COVID-19 or those who are suspected of having COVID-19 should STAY HOME. Specifically, DO NOT attend child care, school or work. AVOID public spaces, contact with others, taking public transit; and refrain from having visitors.
Please delay your visit to LAMP Community Health Centre until you are well, if any of the following applies to you:
1) If you have a fever, new onset of cough or difficulty breathing
AND any of the following:
2) International travel
Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
3) Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled internationally 14 days prior to their symptoms
What to do if you have the symptoms listed above or if any of the scenarios applies to you:
- Call your healthcare provider
- Call Peel Public Health at 905 799-7700 if you do not have a health care provider
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Prevention measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and clean your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaner.
- Prior to travelling, check the Public Health Agency of Canada – Travel Advice and
Advisories website (https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories) for up-to-date travel information.
For more information on COVID-19:
- Contact Mississauga Health Connection: 905-272-0165.
- Ontario Ministry of Health. The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
- City of Mississauga. Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). http://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/