Counselling services are available at the East Mississauga Community Health Centre. Our Social Worker provides short-term counselling to the Centre's priority populations, with a client-centred approach - focusing on what the client presents as their needs and priorities.
INTAKE CURRENTLY ON HOLD
There is a wait list for counselling services however we are unable to accept new referrals at this time. Please check back for updates on this status.
Priority is given to clients who are already connected to one of the Centre’s programs.
If you are already connected to one of the programs at the Centre, please speak to your provider/the staff in charge of the program. They will make a referral for you.
If you are not connected to one of the programs at the Centre, please consider connecting with one of the following resources. Please note that resources may be subject to change.
- CMHA Peel-Dufferin Intake: https://cmhapeeldufferin.ca/types-programs-services/referral-information-and-support/
- Toronto Centre for Applied Buddhism: http://appliedbuddhism.ca/
- Where to Start (youth up to age 25): https://wheretostart.ca/
- Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program (CAMH): https://www.camh.ca/en/your-care/programs-and-services/ontario-structured-psychotherapy-osp-program
- Dixie-Bloor Neighbourhood Centre: https://www.dixiebloor.ca/whatwedo/special-community-supports/wellness/
- Dixie0Bloor Neighbourhood Centre Community Mediation: https://www.dixiebloor.ca/whatwedo/special-community-supports/conflict-resolution/
- Mind Shift Group Therapy (for adults 18+): https://www.anxietycanada.com/mindshift-groups/
Low-Cost/Sliding Scale Services (some may be covered by private insurance providers):
- Affordable Therapy Network (low cost/sliding scale): https://affordabletherapynetwork.com/
- Family Services Peel (sliding scale): https://fspeel.org/ 905-453-5775 (intake)
- Catholic Family Services (sliding scale): https://cfspd.com/, 905-450-1608 x 112 (intake)
- Support & Growth (sliding scale): https://supportandgrowth.com/
Self-Guided Counseling Resources:
- WellCan (Morneau Sheppell): https://wellcan.ca/
- Breaking Free Online (substance use recovery): https://www.breakingfreeonline.ca/
- Mind Beacon: https://info.mindbeacon.com/btn542
- AbiliCBT: https://ontario.abiliticbt.com/home
- BounceBack (CMHA): https://bouncebackontario.ca/
- Wellness Together Canada: https://wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA
- Adult Phone counselling available 24/7 at 1-866-585-0455
For more information, please contact our Social Worker at (905) 602-4082 ext 456.